22 Jul Advantages of hot desking for your business?
Hot desking, by definition, harnesses the theory that not everyone needs a desk every day. Although, hot desking doesn’t always work for everyone – for jobs which require routine and regular tasks to be completed, it may not be the most efficient choice. But for many businesses, hot desking, or using a coworking space, can be a great way to utilise your budget. Learn more about the meaning of hot desking, various benefits of hot desking and how to make it work for your business now.
What is hot desking in business?
Hot desking in business is defined as the use of non-allocated workstations – either inside your own business office or in a coworking space. These spaces may be used by any employee within the company, or employees from different companies, too.
If your business has a virtual office set up, it’s often a wise idea to set up the option of hot desking there – meaning there is always space for staff to be able to work in a different environment if they require to. Find out everything you need to know about coworking spaces today.
How does hot-desking work?
Hot desks work on an ad hoc basis, therefore you most likely will have to book a hot desk in your desired office space. One concern you may have, is that you are simply paying for a desk in an office – however, just like many offices many hot-desking services come with the benefits of normal office facilities. With Grosvenor House’s hot-desking service, you can also expect:
- Bookable meeting rooms: you will also have the opportunity to book one of our many meeting rooms. This gives you the flexibility of only utilising the office space you need, without committing to the cost.
- Use of printer, scanner and photocopier: hot-desking allows you to have access to essential office equipment that you perhaps might not have at home.
- Access to kitchenette: as with many other office services, you will have access to a communal area where you can eat, relax and chat. At Grosvenor House, we also provide unlimited tea and coffee.
- Individual power ports: you don’t have to worry about the small things such as USB power ports, plug sockets and fast broadband – as we sort that all out for you.
- Space for personal belongings: we have lockable cabinets, so you can keep files on site. There is also storage space provided for any of your personal belongings.
Advantages of hot desking
Hot desking isn’t always the preferred method of working every business. However, there are some benefits of hot desking to the employee and employer which are important to consider. These can include:
- Lower costs for your company budget – hot desking, or coworking spaces, can be a great way for employees to work in an office environment, but not every day – meaning you don’t need to fork out on renting an expensive office space.
- Meeting new people – encouraging communication and collaboration with different colleagues or businesses to inspire innovation and generate new ideas.
- Flexible working – allowing employees the opportunity of flexible working while encouraging more diverse working styles.
- Great for self-employed workers – if you are a freelancer, consultant or entrepreneur working at the same location, everyday can become a bit mundane. Hot-desking provides a great flexible and cost-effective solution to long-term office leases. It also gives you access to a network of professionals who are working remotely also.
How to make hot desking work for your business
Now you know some of the advantages of hot desking, you can decide whether hot desking is the right choice for your company. Learning how to manage hot desking and coworking spaces in your business is essential to the success of the company. Although hot desking can provide advantages, it can also potentially leave employees feeling unsettled and less productive.
However, learning how to manage a remote team will ensure you have a steer of your employees – regardless of their location. Learn how to manage a remote team today from our helpful guide.
If you’re keen to introduce hot desking to your business, find out more information today about our coworking spaces in Birmingham. Located in the heart of Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter, Grosvenor House offer flexible and spacious shared office space from £175 per month. To find out more information, get in touch with a member of our expert team today.
- Differences Between Modern And Traditional Offices
- 7 Disadvantages of Using Home Address as a Business Address
- The 9 Key Benefits of Virtual Offices
- 5 Key Features of Virtual Offices
- What is a virtual business?
- How to choose a training space for your business
- 4 Benefits of Having a Registered Office
- Grosvenor Business Club: A Resounding Success at Inaugural Quarterly Networking Event
- Cool office space ideas
- Q&A Series – Ellie Byrne (Front of House Receptionist)