08 Jan What to do in the Jewellery Quarter
Do you have an office space in the Jewellery Quarter? Or perhaps you’re looking for one? Working in Birmingham has its perks – but what are the best things to do in the Jewellery Quarter? From exploring the array of bars and restaurants the area has to offer, to trying something new such as an escape room, there’s plenty to do in the Jewellery Quarter.
What to do in the Jewellery Quarter
There are multiple activities and events to take part in when you’re working in the Jewellery Quarter. With excitement and opportunity merely a stone’s throw away, some of the best things to do in the Jewellery Quarter include:
- Escape rooms – there are a few escape rooms scatted around this district, such as Escape Live – located in the heart of the Jewellery Quarter. This is a great idea for a team bonding exercise if you work in this area! Alternatively, a great way to unwind with friends after a long day at work.
- Live music – The Jam House is the go-to venue for live music, with a live band or singer on almost every weekend night. The perfect place to go on a Friday night after work!
- Museum of the Jewellery Quarter – interested in the history behind the jewellery? The Museum of the Jewellery Quarter is a great visit, built around the preserved Smith and Pepper jewellery factory. This interesting trip gives visitors insight into the working life of bygone jewellers in this famous Birmingham district.
- The Chamberlain Clock – possibly one of the most well-known attributes of this area, the Chamberlain Clock is a Jewellery Quarter landmark, dating back to 1903. Definitely something to check out!
- The Pen Museum – the Jewellery Quarter is home to the UK’s only museum dedicated to the history of the pen making industry. Once home to Wiley’s pen factory, the museum tells the tale of how Birmingham became the centre of the steel pen trade.
Jewellery Quarter Restaurants
Whether you’re taking clients out for a lunchtime meeting or you want to grab a bite after work, some of the most popular places to eat in the Jewellery Quarter include:
- Indian Brewery
- Otto Wood Fired Pizza
- Pasta Di Piazza
- Andersons Bar and Grill
- Cucina Rustica
- Lasan Indian Restaurant
See more places to eat in the Jewellery Quarter from our benefits of having an office space in Birmingham guide.
Jewellery Quarter Shops
As the name suggests, the Jewellery Quarter is well-known for its array of jewellers and jewellery making companies scattered across the popular location. This district grew to become Europe’s largest concentration of businesses involved in the jewellery trade. Some of these include:
- Diamond Heaven
- Samson Gold
- Brilliant Diamonds
- Goldcraft Jewellers
- Aardvark Jewellery
- SP Green Jewellers
- Aspire Diamonds
Jewellery Quarter Pubs/Bars
As well as the wealth of jewellery stores and restaurants to explore, the Jewellery Quarter is well-known for its lively nightlife, too. Some of the most popular pubs and bars in the Jewellery Quarter include:
- Actress and Bishop
- The Jam House
- The Button Factory
- St Paul’s House
- The Red Lion
- The Lord Cliffden
- The Jeweller’s Arms
- AR Bar
- 40 St Paul’s
- Rose Villa Tavern
Office spaces in the Jewellery Quarter
If you’re interested in working in the heart of Birmingham’s city centre so you can explore the wealth of bars, restaurants and things to do, Grosvenor House has you covered. Hire out our coworking space for all the benefits of working in the lively Jewellery Quarter without the costs of hiring out a permanent office space.
Alternatively, reduce the costs of forking out money on rent and bills each month. Our virtual offices are the perfect solution for those who want a flexible working life, and are especially beneficial for start-up companies. Get in touch with a member of our helpful team today for more information and advice.
- Differences between modern and traditional offices
- The 9 Key Benefits of Virtual Offices
- 7 reasons against using home address as business address
- 5 Key Features of Virtual Offices
- Q&A Series – Holly Mourbey (Holiday Temp)
- New Leaf: Case Study
- 4 Benefits of Having a Registered Office
- What is a virtual business?
- The importance of office location in business
- Case Study: City Business Brokers